Fundamentals of Electro-acoustic and Sound Technology 1
Register Display Schedule
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students adopt basic knowledge in sound technology and electro-acoustic studies. The course content focuses on comparing student knowledge from various types of middle schools, adopting a unified terminology and professional perspective, necessary for adroit managmenet of sound technology equipment and knowledge of their principles.
Mode of study
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Basic dimensions of sound signals and their measurement.
- Electro-acoustic chains and their parts
- Microphones - types, principles, characteristics
- Input units of the mixing table - block schematic and its variants, characteristics and principles of managment.
- Dynamic and frequency adjustments of a sound signal.
- Analog sound signal recording methods
- Digital recording - principle and characteristics
- Effects - types and their use
- Amplifiers - classes and their characteristics
- Speakers and speaker systems.
Recommended or required reading
Vlachý, V.: Praxe zvukové techniky. Muzikus, 1995 Praha
Assessment methods and criteria
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
Učebna Zvukové studio
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
|Mon||10:40–11:25||Ondřej URBAN||Učebna Zvukové studio
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Sound Design (Bc) (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)