Training for movement 2
Name of lecturer(s)
Jana NOVORYTOVÁ, Michaela RAISOVÁ
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- Improving of a mind-body condition through the movement.
- Searching for a natural movement rid of bad habits.
- Feeling for a movement in a stage space.
- Body expression skills- experimentation with a movement as a form of a disclosure.
- Training of skills in an improvisation and its repeating- how to preserve and to transfer the quality from the improvisation to the concrete image, form, etud.
- Themes: animal-human being, dancing buffoonery.
Mode of study
Regular weekly meetings of the entire study-year in the grand hall.
Use of a large space for motional experimentation.
Feedback on individual movement assignments:
How I see myself/ How I appear to the audience.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Body-mind health.
- Coordinated movement.
- Feeling for space.
- Motional imagination.
- Ability to review and analyze what I have seen.
Deeper experimentation with movement and space through the relaxed body ready to communicate on the stage. It is necessary for the next step: finding the way how to catch what is just happening and be able to repeat it in the same quality.
- Posture - spatial body placement.
- Feeling of horizontal and vertical.
- Spatial relationships. Middle of a space. Entering a space, leaving a space.
- Tempo, tempo-rhythm.
- Rhythmizing free tempo.
- Transmission of attributes of animals´ behaviour to the behaviour of a human being, there and back.
- Sensing the difference between a rythm and a meter through dancing and its transfer into a specific theatrical form with clear rules.
Recommended or required reading
ČECHOV, Michail: O herecké technice. Praha: Divadelní ústav 1996.
KRÖSCHLOVÁ, Jarmila.: Nauka o pohybu. Praha: Orbis 1980.
KRÖSCHLOVÁ, Eva: Jevištní pohyb. Praha: AMU 2002.
KRÖSCHLOVÁ, Eva: Ladění- psychosomatická příprava k výuce herectví. Praha: AMU 2003.
LECOQ, Jacques: Theatre of Movement and Gesture. ISBN-13: 978-0415359443.
LECOQ, Jacques: The Moving Body- Teaching Creative Theatre. ISBN-13: 9780878301416.
TURBA, Ctibor: Cirkus Alfred. Praha: Divadlo Alfred 2006.
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on:
- Class attendance.
- Interest and personal creativity.
- Presentation of a short buffoonery- solo, paired or in a group.
- Written review.
Schedule for winter semester 2018/2019:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
Schedule for summer semester 2018/2019:
(Karlova 26, Praha 1)
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Authorial Acting in English (B.A.) (required subject)