Drawing and Painting 5
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- To enrich and equip the student with the most comprehensive drawing and painting skills for their own set design practice.
- Finding the way to personal painting work based on skills and experience acquired.
Mode of study
In regular studio exercises, the course instructor corrects drawing and painting studies which increase in difficulty and are individually assigned according to prior artistic instruction.
- Drawing - architecture, landscape, still life, drapery, a portrait, figure, nude.
- Painting - architecture, landscape, still life, drapery, a portrait, figure, nude.
- One's own interpretation of reality through painting, experimenting.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Basic knowledge of drawing.
- Creative ability.
- Ability for reflection.
- Drawing of a real thing - architecture, landscape, still life, drapery, portrait, the figure, the nude.
- Painting of a real thing - architecture, landscape, still life, drapery, portrait, the figure, the nude.
- Personal interpretation of reality in painting, experiments.
- Course in plein-air drawing and painting.
Drawing of a real thing using basic drawing techniques, study of basic real relations in mass, space, perspective, line and surface, form, volume, light and shade, structure in drawing architecture, landscape, still life, fabric, clothing, portraits.
Recommended or required reading
M. Staněk, R. Linc: Technique of figurative drawing
Z. Zrzavý: Anatomy for fine artists
B. Slánský: Painting techniques
Modern materials in fine art practise
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on: completion of the prescribed extent of the assignments and participation in the semester presentation.
Instruction schedule see: www DAMU / katedra ALD / Pro studenty / Rozvrhy
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
(Karlova 26, Praha 1)
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
Karlova 26, Praha 1
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Stage Design for Alternative and Puppet Theatre (B.A.) (required subject)