Moulding and Sculpting 3
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
To familiarise students with the principles of three-dimensional creation. The ability to express themselves artistically in these forms. Attempts at artistic creation. Reflections on experience gained and its application to certain disciplines of set design work (the puppet, dramatic object etc.).
Mode of study
Classic instruction in modelling and sculpture corrected by the study instructor.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Elementary capacity for three-dimensional perception.
- General creative ability.
- Physical fitness and capacity for hard work.
- Realistic portrait.
- Figurative study.
- Craftsmanship work connected with sculptural creation.
- Figurative or non-figurative compositions.
- Attempt at personal work in the plastic arts.
Sources of sculptural work in general. Realistic portrait and figurative study. Work in material / stone / wood. Modern sculptural directions, ability to gain inspiration from them for set design work.
Recommended or required reading
- Literature on the history of sculpture.
- Monographs on artists.
- Catalogues of contemporary exhibitions.
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on fulfillment of the semester assignment. The artistic level of all submitted assignments and participation in exercises corrections in the studio is evaluated.
This course is taught over 6 semesters and observes individual skills from previous study.
Instruction schedule see: www DAMU / katedra ALD / Pro studenty / Rozvrhy
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
(Karlova 26, Praha 1)
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
Karlova 26, Praha 1
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Stage Design for Alternative and Puppet Theatre (B.A.) (required subject)