Czech Drama after November 1989
Register Display Schedule
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students completing the course will be able to demonstrate key features of contemporary Czech drama, mutual writers, frequent topics and thought and forms of discharges and habits which create the particulars of its poetry.
Mode of study
Classes with explanations, independent research, moderated discussion.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Knowledge of the development of Czech language, drama and theatre at the Bachelor's level.
This course is devoted to Czech drama of the last decade with an overview of the character of the drama as a literary type and the particulars of contemporary theatre. Students, with the instructor, investigate and analyse the original play character of Czech drama as presented in the works of indivdual writers or theatres. Emphasis will be placed on the analysis and interpretation of a group of theatre plays. The subject of the group search for questions and answers will be on shape but also at the topical level, conceptualized not only as important parts of the structure and mutual construction of a literary piece but also simultaneously as a sociological phenomenon corresponding to a cultural model whose spectrum of a particular society determines and expresses itself.
- Drama as a literary type and theatre writing.
- Theatre play in the post-dramatic period.
- Changes in the relationship of theatre and literature.
- Original drama and dramatization.
- Basic topic ranges of current dramaturgy
- Interpretation of individual dramatic works.
Recommended or required reading
kol.: V souřadnicích volnosti, Praha 2008
kol.: V souřadnicích mnohosti, Praha 2014
Assessment methods and criteria
Attendance (80%), completion of assignments.
If less than 3 students register for the course, it may be cancelled.
This course is an elective for all AMU students
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
Učebna S410 (DAMU)
(Karlova 26, Praha 1)
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
|Wed||14:00–15:30||Pavel JANOUŠEK||Učebna S410 (DAMU)
Karlova 26, Praha 1
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Dramaturgy for Dramatic Theatre (M.A.) (optional subject)
- Directing and Dramaturgy for Dramatic Theatre (B.A.) (optional subject)
- Directing for Dramatic Theatre (M.A.) (optional subject)
- Theory and criticism (M.A.) (optional subject)