Seminar of Criticism 1
Name of lecturer(s)
Jan JIŘÍK, Daniela JOBERTOVÁ
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- To introduce students to the fundamentals of the field.
- To introduce students to the development of Czech theatre critique.
- Connect students to their own activities.
Mode of study
Moderated discussion, discussion, text and sample analyses, staging screenings.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- History of criticism of the 19th and 20th centuries.
- The contemporary situation in the industry.
- Practice potential and issues.
Recommended or required reading
1.Vostrý, Jaroslav: Scénografie dramatu, Praha DISK, 2010
2.Císař, Jan: Člověk v situaci, Praha ISV, 2000
3.Grossman, Jan: Analýzy, Praha, 2000
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on class participation, including presentation of the assigned work - on-goingly.
During the semester, individual reading, theatre attendance and participation in discussions is required.
Schedule for winter semester 2018/2019:
Room KTK 121
(Tržiště 20, Praha 1 (vchod z Rektorátu AMU, Malostranské nám. 12))
Schedule for summer semester 2018/2019:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Theory and criticism (B.A.) (required subject)