Visual preparation of feature film 1
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Mode of study
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Instruction takes place in blocks according to individual studies. Instruction takes place with Costuming and Make-up students.
- FILM SET-DESIGN
- Art department- hierarchy, function
- Development of studios - natural light, sound artificial light
- Project- assignment
- Art of reading in drawings, 3D visualization, application in Sketch-up
- Structure in studios, execution
- WORKSHOP structures, textures - 3 class hours
- in collaboration with painting and decoupage workshops , students try to produce as structured panels - stucco, clamber wall, cracked wall, tiled, tapetas - they take the panels which will later be used in the studio for various types of backgrounds.
Location: Barrandov, dílny
- Physical culture
- Historically authentic structures and interiors
- History of construction elements - windows, doors.
- FILM COSTUMING
„ Costume design as a comprehensive discipline“
A block of 4 lectures and practice exercises aimed primarily at stduents from the Camera Dept, but appropriate for other studies.
Introductory lecture in PowerPoint presentation with a wealth of image material, will cover costumes and costuming in a wider context; as an important contemporary art discipline in film, theatre and live events and will focus on color film.
The second lecture will cover costuming on B/W film, graphic, material and structural specifics.
Practice class in film costuming demonstrates work with material, structure, models, color, light and interference issues. As well, the importance of patina and transformation of newly produced costumes in authentic films.
The final class is intended for group work with material acquired in the entire block, discussion, evaluation and an understanding of the field and practical use in student further practice.
- FILM MAKE-UP
Mask and make-up in film
- Introduction to the purpose and process of creating a character in a film drama figure by artistic makeup artist using the appropriate makeup
- Creation of a drama character using makeup according to the script and idea of the director and follow-up linking to the costume designer and architect
- Working with the set designer, proposals, makeup and camera tests. Creating continuity
- Developing and changing makeup according to character development and events, aging, etc.
- Collaborating professions in recording
1.Makeup in film: Why was there makeup in B/W cinema film? Why is there makeup today?
- Civilian makeup
- Historical makeup/fables/ with se of hair and whiser supplements
- Stylized makeup
- Detailed special make-up : tears, sweat, bruises, scratches
- SFX efekty v masce
- SPECIAL EFFECTS IN FILM
Presents fundamental film effects such as rain, wind, snow, fire, smoke, explosions, shots....., work process explanation, demonstration of selected effects.
Presumed location is directly on the location in preparing days before recording when it is possible to see effect preparations in practice.
If none available, instruction will take place at a Rudna u Prahy
PETRA LEBDUŠKOVÁ 608 060 020, firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact the instructor at the beginning of the semester, creation of an instruction plan according to their schedule, possible supplementary instruction if there are any sudden changes and classes are cancelled
- collaboration on a project
Recommended or required reading
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded for submission and presentation of the required study and group exercises before the summary commission.
No schedule has been prepared for this course