Visual Expression 4
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- To develop the artistic abilities of the students focusing on the creation of the image element of an animated film. Practical introduction to various techniques using the selected animation technology (classical sketch, flat surface, puppet film, pixellization, 2D, 3D animation)
- To create and refine one's view of the visual concept of an animated film.
Mode of study
Figure drawing from a model using free technique in the studio.
(Portrait, nude, figure, movement anatomy)
Prerequisites and co-requisites
The student needs:
- to know how to draw well and have indisputable artistic talent.
- to have a complete overview of artistic culture, animation creation, film and audiovisuals.
- to have a fundamental orientation in the use of computer graphics programs.
Visual expression is focused on the creation of the image element of an animated film with visual tools.
- Study of figure drawing from a model using free technique in the studio (Portrait, nude, figure, movement, anatomy).
- Free sketching outside and in various surroundings as a journey towards one's own visual stylization.
- Practical consultations about the visual concept of the animation exercises and film throughout the entire process and in close cooperation, particularly, with animation.
Recommended or required reading
Jan Poš: Výtvarníci animovaného filmu (Odeon 1990)
D. a N. Meglínovi: Kreslení jako cesta k sebevyjádření (Portál 2001)
A. Durer: Kresby (Odeon 1978)
Kurs kreslení pro každého (Svojtka a Co. 2001)
Stan Smith: Kurs kresby (Knižní klub 2004)
Stanislav Ulver: Animace a doba 1955 - 2000 (Sdružení přátel odborného film. tisku)
Assessment methods and criteria
Active participation in the study exercises.
No schedule has been prepared for this course