Acting Studio 2
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The main objective of this course is to learn the basics of actors craft in order to know how to work with him or her.
You will learn: - basics of actors craft
- from „game to drama“exercises
- how to devise work on text-„actor prepares“
- to shape your film through workshoping your script
- touch of casting through your own experience
- directing each other to final work
Mode of study
exercises, monologue, scenes
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Absolving Acting studio 1, to continue further work.
This is a practical course for directors, scriptwriters, cinematographes or editors, in order to understand the actor´s skill. Actor is your creative partner and in order to understand his/her process you need to try the same yourself.
Recommended or required reading
Stanislavski´s translations: „An Actor´s Work On Himself“/ 1990-2/
„An Actor Prepares“ /1936/, „Building A Character“ /1950/,
„Creating A Part“/1961/, Jean Benedetti: Stanislavski And The actor"/1998/
Assessment methods and criteria
The work on a dialogue, then a monologue and then on famous scenes from films will result in filming the piece as a casting session. Students direct each other and then asses each other in the group.
No schedule has been prepared for this course
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Photography EN - Bachelor-1819 (optional subject)
- Photography EN - Master-1920 (optional subject)
- Cinema and Digital Media - Directing-1819 (optional subject)
- Cinema and Digital Media - Directing_1920 (optional subject)
- Cinema and Digital Media - Screenwriting-1819 (optional subject)
- Cinema and Digital Media - Screenwriting_1920 (optional subject)