Didactics and Methodology of Dance Theory and History 2
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
|107DMDH2||ZK||2||1 seminar hours (45 min) of instruction per week, 40 to 50 hours of self-study||English||summer|
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students acquire knowledge and their independent application in solving didactic and methodological issues, master the work of the teacher in transforming the knowledge of dance science into the content of teaching, the design of teaching and the use of aids and various teaching methods.
Mode of study
Prerequisites and co-requisites
The course is a continuation of Didactics and Methodology of Dance History and Theory 1, it develops the teaching content of the previous semester and focuses on specific issues of didactics of dance theory and history and their methodology with regard to their teaching at dance conservatories or other types of schools. It includes lectures and seminars on which emphasis is placed, students independently address sub-questions, apply knowledge in the treatment of assigned topics, and present their work. Related to the course is the Teaching Practice of Dance History and Theory. The aim of the course is to introduce students to the concrete application of theoretical didactic and methodological principles to the concept of teaching dance history and theory and to develop their independent work with the acquired knowledge.
III. Didactics and methodology of dance history and theory
- methods of teaching
- resources and means for teaching
- development and conception of dance history teaching in historical overview
- current attitudes to the problems of dance history and its teaching
- the connection between the teaching of dance theory and dance history
- the structure of dance history and theory curricula, selection of material, periodisation and terminology
- project-based learning in the teaching of dance history and theory
- use of iconographic and film material, internet resources
- memoirs and fiction, feature films as sources for teaching
- excursions - museums, theatres, exhibitions, performances and concerts
- specific topics - regional history, micro-history, oral history, etc.
Seminar paper topics:
Preparation of an interpretation of a specific topic in the field of dance history and theory using different methods and types of sources, presentation
Preparation of a test
Developing a plan for an excursion, project, etc. on the topic
Outline of questions for the state final exam:
- Specifics of teaching dance history and theory from a didactic point of view
- Methods of teaching history and theory of dance on specific topics
- Chronological and problem-based approaches to teaching
- Possibilities of active participation of pupils in teaching (reports, projects, „research“), the problem of motivation of pupils
- Objectives and main content of teaching history and theory of dance
- Teaching materials, historical and contemporary, other resources for teaching dance history and theory
- The relationship of dance history and theory teaching to dance practice teaching, the function of dance history and theory teaching in the system of professional dance education
- History and theory of dance as a part of education of historical and cultural awareness, education for Europeanism and knowledge of regional heritage
- Structure and components of the lesson, communication between teacher and pupils, methods of evaluation
Recommended or required reading
Materials from electronic sources - websites of dance conservatories (information about the concept of teaching, curricula, etc.)
Textbooks on history and history of art and individual artistic disciplines.
PARKAN, František. Didaktika dějepisu. V Praze: Univerzita Karlova, Pedagogická fakulta, 2014. ISBN 9788072906444.
SKALKOVÁ, Jarmila. Obecná didaktika. Vyd. 1. Praha: ISV, 1999. 292 s. ISBN 80-85866-33-1.
ZORMANOVÁ, Lucie. Obecná didaktika: pro studium a praxi. Praha: Grada, 2014. Pedagogika (Grada). ISBN 978-80-247-4590-9.
JEBAVÁ, Jana. Kapitoly z dějin tance a možnosti terapie. 1. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 1998. 123 s. :. ISBN 80-7184-620-1 22.
MARKOVIČOVÁ, Oľga. Dejiny tanca a baletu pre 5.-8. ročník hudobnej a tanečnej školy a pre 3. a 4. ročník tanečných oddelení na konzervatoriach. 2. vyd. Bratislava: Slovenské pedagogické nakladateľstvo, 1985.
SKÁCELOVÁ, Daniela. Teória tanca pre konzervatória. Forpress 2017. ISBN 9788089731275.
ŽITŇANOVÁ, Helena. Dejiny tanca: pre tanečný odbor základných umeleckých škôl. Bratislava: Slovenské pedagogické nakladateľstvo, 1992.
Assessment methods and criteria
Oral examination (elaboration of a given topic).
Seminar paper on the assigned topic.
No schedule has been prepared for this course