Video Seminar 3
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course aim is a detailed acquaintance to issues in the narrative ballet form, development of a production construction and development of expression tools.
Mode of study
Discussion, media recording analyses.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Fundamental knowledge of Dance history.
In the Winter semester, the video course covers issues of ballet narrative forms. Topics cover basic drama forms, stage produciton principles and a brief development of ballet narrative forms from the genesis of ballet as a stage art to modern creators of story ballet. A representative selection of choreographic works, their librettos and other documents serve for the analysis and comparison of choreographic procedures used, the tracking of resolving particular story situations, overall structure building and concept of characters.
Recommended or required reading
Dům Bernardy Alby - činoherní verze, verze Matse Eka
Giselle - romantická verze, verze Matse Eka
Spící krasavice - Petipova verze, verze Matse Eka
Popelka - klasická verze, verze Maguy Marin
Coppelia - klasická verze, verze Magui Marin
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on: activity in class, viewing of all presented recordings.
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Choreography (Bc) (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dance Pedagogy (Mg) (optional subject)
- Dance Pedagogy (Mg) - Classical Dance (optional subject)
- Dance Pedagogy (Mg) - Contemporary Dance (optional subject)
- Dance Pedagogy (Mg) - Folk Dance (optional subject)
- Dance Theory (Bc) (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)