Video Seminar 5
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course aim is to introduce in detail the life and work of Jiří Kylián through a chronological analysis of his choreographies.
Mode of study
discussion, media recording analyses
Prerequisites and co-requisites
This course has no particular requirements. An advantage for the course is the completion of „Dance Analysis.“
„Video Course 5“ is focused on a detailed analysis of the works of Jiří Kylián. This covers the period of his works from 1973 to 1990. The aim is to find key points and works in a choreographers life, unlocking the manner of his practice and finding inspirational sources and ideas in connection to individual period of his life.
Recommended or required reading
Choreographies of Jiří Kylián from 1973 to 1990.
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on:
class activity, viewing all presented recordings
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Choreography (Bc) (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dance Pedagogy (Mg) (optional subject)
- Dance Pedagogy (Mg) - Classical Dance (optional subject)
- Dance Pedagogy (Mg) - Contemporary Dance (optional subject)
- Dance Pedagogy (Mg) - Folk Dance (optional subject)
- Dance Theory (Bc) (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)