Musical Score Analysis for Dance Professions 1
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Development of abilities and skills necessary for a basic bearing in the structure of a music piece.
- Selected pieces from the Baroque
- Selected pieces from the Classical music.
Mode of study
analysis of selected compositions
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Knowledge of basic music theory
- Good bearing in the development of European music.
Introduction to the development of European music fro mthe 18th to 20th century, the main figures and their representative works. Expansion of music theory knowledge in composition form and structure.
- Summary of music theory knowledge at the intermediate level (harmony, counterpoint, music forms, music instruments) with special regard to their mutual penetration and overlap.
- Music analysis issues in specific works.
Recommended or required reading
LaRue, Jan. Guidelines for style analysis : expanded second edition with models for style analysis.
Michigan : Harmonie Park Press, 2011.
Snyder, B. Music and Memory: An Introduction. Cambridge : MIT Press, 2000.
Taruskin, R.: The Oxford history of western music. Vol. 1-5. Oxford : University Press , 2005.
Scores and recordings of the studied pieces.
Assessment methods and criteria
Conditions for successfull completion of the course: active participation in class and one independent analyses in class.
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared