Opera and Dance in Film
Subject is not scheduled Display Schedule
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course goal is to create direct contact of HAMU Dance Dept. students with FAMU Camera Dept. students with the goal of getting to know the issues of cinematic interpretation of dance choreography.
The particulars of preparations, implementation and post-production of a televised music-drama project will be the content of the theory-creative course in which an emphasis will be place on preparations of the group television exercise „Music-Drama TV Etude.“
Mode of study
Contact instruction classes, analysis of cinematic interpretation of a dance choreography.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Preparations of the group inter-school exercise „The Music-Drama Etude.“
- Fundamental expression media of cinematography and its use in the creation of opera and dance work for television
- Staging an opera for television - directing image approach
- Creative potential for transforming a dance choreography into a cinematic work
- Music and editing rhythm, image composition
- Advantages and limits in recording opera and dance with single and multiple camera (sequential) techniques.
- Objective angle recording, angle and space - the impression of the space on the audience in presentation.
- Light and space - visual drama view
- Post-production image corrections
- Preparations of the „Music drama TV study exercise“ (implemented in the Summer semester at FAMU Studio)
- screenplay preparations
- production preparations
Recommended or required reading
DVD video: Black & White / The Nederlands Dance Theater and Jiri Kilyan
DVD video: Swan Lake: Ballet in three acts - Tchaikovskij, Kirov Ballet, Petipa, Ivanov
Mlíkovská, Jiřina : Choreografické etudy, Praha 1964
Assessment methods and criteria
70% participation in the classes, screenplay submission.
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
Room No. 225
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
|Thu||14:00–15:35||Jiří MYSLÍK||Room No. 225
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared