Non-linear editing/Avid Media Composer 2
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
|306NEA2||Z||1||2 seminar hours (45 min) of instruction per week, 4 to 9 hours of self-study||English||summer|
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Acquired knowledge and skills:
- Ability to operate Avid Media Composer interface and functionality in advanced level
- extended knowledge of post-production workflow of digital online / offline editing
- student can export different methods depending on the type of project (cinema, web, TV, exhibition).
Mode of study
Prerequisites and co-requisites
The course acquaints students with the non-linear editing system AVID as the main technical tool of the editor. His knowledge is necessary for independent work on practical exercises and performance of future profession.
- Avid and DaVinci environment specifications, advanced settings for both environments
(A-project, B-timeline, C-export).
- Format handling and processing / FS7, GH5, AVCHD, XDCAM, RED, DPX scan, Arri /.
- Continuous editing codecs (PC x MAC)
- Workflow and transfer to the sound studio, color corrections for laboratories (multi-track sound)
- Sharing material with co-creators - h.264, myairbridge.com, Gdrive
- Supporting programs (HandBrake, Adobe Encoder, ...).
Recommended or required reading
Asociace filmových střihačů a střihaček o.s. (A. F. S.), Workflow Tutorial (on-line), 2019. Dostupné z:
AVID TECHNOLOGY. Avid Tutorials [online]. 2019. Dostupné z:
BLACKMAGIC DESIGN. Blackmagic Tutorials [online]. 2019. Dostupné z:
Assessment methods and criteria
min. 80% attendance, fulfillment of assigned tasks, individual edit of a practical project, writing a test
No schedule has been prepared for this course