Directing of Animation Movie 4
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Understanding of various forms of movement in animation, stylization potential, linkage to the artistic treatment of a film and style of movement / animation. Relationship of animation to sound. Development and expansion of student artistic sensitivity, ability to find the essence, the essence of the subject matter, the film.
Mode of study
Lectures, dicussion, analysis of sketch samples, artistic styles, and films.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Basic knowledge of sketch animation
- Analytical skills, artistic sensitivity, artistic skills.
- Creativity, openness to new stimuli, perception
- Cultural overview, general awareness of history and modern art and society.
Characteristics of an object: movement, animating the inanimate, investigating essences
- anatomy of a figure, face, physique, position, male, female, child principles
- observation, portrait, caricature
- image composition, scenes
- 2D, illusory scene treatments, image, film
- the internal rhythm of an individual movement, a sequence, a scene, a film.
- stylization of artistic style and animation appropriate for a particular screenplay.
Recommended or required reading
Paul Wells, Joanna Quinn - Basics Animation: Drawing for Animation,
E. Muybridge - The human Figure in Motion, Animals in Motion
J. Kubíček - Slovník výrazů v animaci
B. Dovnikovič - Bordo - Škola kresleného filmu
Assessment methods and criteria
Grading is conferred based on:
- interest, activity and participation in lectures
- development of assigned exercised
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
|Tue||14:00–15:35||Michaela PAVLÁTOVÁ||Room No.415