Spanish for Doctoral Candidates - Primary Foreign Language
Klára BICANOVÁ, Štěpánka PÁROVÁ
Name of lecturer(s)
Klára BICANOVÁ, Mónica IRÚS MARTIN, Janka PAULISOVÁ, Marcos PRADOS ANTEQUERA
Learning outcomes of the course unit
A required course for the final doctoral exam.
Mode of study
Doctoral candidates are not required to attend a course but may sign up for an advanced level course for bachelor or masters' programs. Doctoral exam preparations are individual but consultations may be arranged for preparations.
The exams take place on dates announced by the AMU Language Centre at least four times per year and the dates are published on the AMU CJP webpage. Students are required to sign up at least 30 days prior to the announced date by email to the CJP secretary's office.
Three weeks prior to the date of exam the student must deliver, in written form, the materials for the exam. (see below).
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Prior to the exam the student must submit the following texts:
- a professional CV (1 - 3 pages)
- a summary of the PhD dissertation (1 - 2 pages)
- a professional, original text in the given language related to the student's filed of studies (50 pages for DAMU and FAMU students, 20 pages for HAMU students)
Recommended or required reading
Assessment methods and criteria
The exam is oral before a two-member instructors commission from the AMU Foreign Language Center. The exam content is:
- the presentation of the candidate based on a professional CV
- introduction to the doctoral work and subsequent discussions on the given work
- discussion over a professional writing and translation of selected parts.
A detailed schedule is arranged based on the number of registered students and sent to those registered prior to the exam.
No schedule has been prepared for this course