Basic Choreography for Education and Movement Scholarship 2
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
This course should provide dance and dance research students with experience with creating choreographies in a process of designing the proposal, creating the script to the movement execution in the extent corresponding to experience and needs of the students of those studies.
Mode of study
Lecture, classes, consultations
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Completion of the course requires dance experience, knowledge of dance techniques and dance theory fundamentals. This course is linked to Fundamentals of Choreography for Dance Instructors and Dance Research 1.
Instruction continues to add to knowledge acquired in the previous semester. Students continue work on choreographic tasks. Instruction of theory continues covering: basic expression means of choreography (movement, time, space, groups of dancers - solo, duet, trio and larger groups) and their use in relation to the dramaturgical content of the choreography: summary of staging components (music, set design, text). Working on etudes includes dance design of the established intentions through which various dance techniques are used. Students work individually and in groups, mutually taking part in the completion of tasks.
Recommended or required reading
Mlíkovská, Jiřina: Vybrané kapitoly z choreografie, Praha 1990
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on:
participation in lectures, classes and consultations
A condition of successfull completing the course:
Completion of one's choreorgraphic project in written form (libretto, dramaturgical direction).
Schedule for winter semester 2018/2019:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
Schedule for summer semester 2018/2019:
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Dance Pedagogy (Bc) (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dance Pedagogy (Bc) - Classical Dance (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dance Pedagogy (Bc) - Modern Dance (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dance Pedagogy (Bc) - Folk Dance (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dance Theory (Bc) (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)