Graduate Preparatory Work 2
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
This course should provide students with a foundation for creating the master's writing or possibly choreographic work. The second semester is primarily a continuation of work on design of the writing and completing preparatory work (collection of sources, original material for choreographic work).
Mode of study
This course takes places as a individual consultations between the student and master's thesis advisor in which the topic of the work, source material, and methodology concept, analytical tools are discussed. The work will also contain a choreography section for choreography studies.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Topic consultations are driven by the thesis topic. Generally this covers working with sources in all possible forms (live movement, film and photographic recordings of dance, written, iconographic and material sources), method analysis and fact presentations, rules of conception and adjustment of a professional text, etc. Choreography preparations touch upon the topic selection, creation of movement material and its structure and the creation of the overall choreography concept.
Recommended or required reading
Eco, Umberto: Jak napsat diplomovou práci, Votobia 1997.
Fukač, Jiří; Poledňák, Ivan: Úvod do studia hudební vědy, Olomouc 2005.
Stopy tance. Taneční prameny a jejich interpretace, AMU Praha 2007.
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on:
consistency and intensity of contact with the advisor
systematic work procedures, work quality
During the semester consistent work on the topic is required. The work content is the object of grading.
Course web page
No schedule has been prepared for this course
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Choreography (Mg) (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dance Pedagogy (Mg) (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dance Pedagogy (Mg) - Classical Dance (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dance Pedagogy (Mg) - Contemporary Dance (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dance Pedagogy (Mg) - Folk Dance (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dance Theory (Mg) (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)