Graduate Preparatory Work 4
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
This course should provide students with a foundation for creating the master's writing or possibly choreographic work. The fourth semester is primarily continuing work on the writing/work, its completion in content and formal aspects.
Mode of study
This course takes places as a individual consultations between the student and master's thesis advisor in which the topic of the work, source material, and methodology concept, analytical tools are discussed. The work will also contain a choreography section for choreography studies.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Consultation topics are determined by the topic of the master's thesis. In general this covers working with all types of sources (live movement, film and fotography, written sources), methods of analysis and presentation of facts, principles of design and adjustments to a professional writing, etc. In the preparation of the choreography, this covers topic selection, creation of movement material and its structure and finalizing the final choreography. In the final semester this covers, primarily, the conclusion of work on the thesis/work, its finalization as to content and formalities, finishing with a review of the work process in the interaction of the advisor and student.
Recommended or required reading
Eco, Umberto: Jak napsat diplomovou práci, Votobia 1997.
Fukač, Jiří; Poledňák, Ivan: Úvod do studia hudební vědy, Olomouc 2005.
Stopy tance. Taneční prameny a jejich interpretace, AMU Praha 2007.
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on:
consistency and intensity of contact with the advisor
systematic procedural work, work quality
During the semester systematic work on the topic and work content are the objects of grading.
Course web page
No schedule has been prepared for this course
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Choreography (Mg) (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dance Pedagogy (Mg) (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dance Pedagogy (Mg) - Classical Dance (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dance Pedagogy (Mg) - Contemporary Dance (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dance Pedagogy (Mg) - Folk Dance (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dance Theory (Mg) (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)