Group Training of Voice Education 2
Tereza JANDA ROGLOVÁ
Name of lecturer(s)
Tereza JANDA ROGLOVÁ, Martina KAFKOVÁ
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- Create impulses to a general acknowledgement of the significance of the psychological fundament of individual functional optimal vocal training.
- Develop the fundaments of voice and the psychosomatic condition of the individual; for this there is a need for introducing a corresponding psyschosomatic vocal training system for each organism a harmonically tuned function (in the sense of a harmonic interplay of the heathy, life-giving, psychological, somatic and vocal).
- The intermediator primarily is a conscious mastery of breath which renews the harmonic balance between the body, mind and emotions.
- Understanding the mechanisms of natural (composite) breathing and its relationship to thought, muscle and emotions, that is, bring in principles of self-awareness and attempt to integrate the rational, sensorial and emotional awarenesses.
- Substantiate the reality that the voice is a conveyance of the quality of the human psychosomatically and co-creator of the whole of the expression of individuality.
- The quality of the voice reflects the tuning of the conscious and subconscious life of a person.
Mode of study
- Solo and group voice instruction. Classes. Analysis of student reviews. Recorded example analyses.
- Practice of vocal skills, focused primarily on developing spatial and mass imagination - ex: body mass - in a techical interplay linked to the somatic and psychosomatic.
- Assessment of achieved skill level may be done in instruction at at the summary exam.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Basic music theory knowledge, middle-school knowledge of wind instruments, vocal and articulation apparatuses. Musicality. Interest in the study. Presumed education.
Vocal education is understood as an educational component of „quality self-realization“ in the sense of aiming towards self-knowledge and personal potential. This aim is, as well, called by education through the voice. All KAT&P psychosomatic discipline studies aim towards this.
Recommended or required reading
Hála, D. / Sovák, M.: Hlas, řeč a sluch
Martienssenová, F.: Vědomé zpívání a vzdělaný pěvec
Lohmann, P.: Chyby hlasové techniky a jejich náprava
Válková, L.: Příčiny hlasových poruch a jejich odstraňování
Válková, L. / Vyskočilová, E.: Hlas individuality
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on: Working activity in exercises and classes; completion of two reviews at the summary of both semesters; theory interview on voice technique theory and its importance for personal development.
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
(Karlova 26, Praha 1)
JANDA ROGLOVÁ T.
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Authorial Acting in English (B.A.) (required subject)