Awareness in Movement 3
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- Being aware of my body and its sentience. Feeling the inner space of the body and its motion- concrete tasks, rehearsals.
- Connection between the inner space and the space outside of the body- being aware of the body and movements „here and just now“ on the stage - concrete tasks, rehearsals.
- Sensing differences: release, hypotonicity, activation and overstrain. Experimenting with a rythm and motional compositions- improvisation, short etudes.
- Concrete themes of an improvisation. Students create short etudes from following themes: my space, elements, colours.
Mode of study
- Regular weekly meetings of the entire study-year in the grand hall.
- Use of a large space for motional experimentation.
Feedback on individual movement assignments: How I see myself/ How I appear to the audience.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Coordinated movement.
- Feeling of rhythm.
- Motional imagination.
Training for movement is necessary for to be aware of my body and motion and its following transfer to the process of the individual creativity and being present on a stage.
- Calm - perception of time and space.
- Release, hypotonicity, activation and overstrain.
- Movement dynamics.
- Plasticity of movement.
Recommended or required reading
CALAIS-GERMAIN, B.: Anatomy of Breathing. USA: Eastland press 2006.
DYLEVSKÝ, Ivan: Základy anatomie. Praha: Triton 2006.
FELDENKRAIS, Moshé: Feldenkraisova metoda- pohybem k sebeuvědomění. Praha: Pragma 1996.
FELDENKRAIS, Moshé: Awareness Trough Movement, Health Exercises for Personal Growth. New York: HarperCollins 1993.
KRÖSCHLOVÁ, Jarmila: Nauka o pohybu. Praha: Orbis 1980.
KRÖSCHLOVÁ, Eva: Jevištní pohyb. Praha: Akademie múzických umění 2002.
LECOQ, Jacques: Theatre of Movement and Gesture. ISBN-13: 978-0415359443.
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on:
- Class attendance.
- Interest and personal creativity.
- One or more authorial etuds or improvisation- solo or in a group.
- Written review.
No schedule has been prepared for this course
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Authorial Acting in English (M.A.) (required subject)