Awareness in Movement 3
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The mask phenomena
- „Neutral“ masks - expressing emotion and the status of the whole body - perception of quiet and space.
- „Character“ masks - expressing a character with the entire body - manner of behaviour in a space and given situation.
Mode of study
Regular weekly meetings of the entire study-year in the grand hall.
Use of a large space for moving feedback on individual movement assignments:
- How I see myself - one's own eye.
- How I appear - they eye from the outside
- Camera recordings to return to.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Body-mind health, coordinated movement, feeling for space, movement imagination.
„Neutral“ mask position raised searching for the idea that the eyes are there where my mask is (high over the forehead)
- on the face,
- calm-perception of time and space,
- movement dynamics,
- elasticity of movement.
Character mask on the face, central and peripheral back movement, manners of walking, setting the head, are inspirations in seaching for character types.
Recommended or required reading
Jacques Lecoq Le Corps poétique ACTES SUD-PAPIERS 1999 un enseignement de la création théatrale
H. v. Kleist Tanečník a loutka Praha 1930 (přeložil E. A. Saudek)
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on: class attendance, interest and personal creativity, test, written review.
No schedule has been prepared for this course
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Authorial Acting in English (B.A.) (required subject)