Awareness in Movement 3
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The mask phenomena
- „Neutral“ masks - expressing emotion and the status of the whole body - perception of quiet and space.
- „Character“ masks - expressing a character with the entire body - manner of behaviour in a space and given situation.
Mode of study
Regular weekly meetings of the entire study-year in the grand hall use of a large space for moving feedback on individual movement assignments:
- How I see myself - one's own eye.
- How I appear - they eye from the outside.
- Camera recordings to return to.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Body-mind health, coordinated movement, feeling for space, movement imagination.
„Neutral“ mask position raised searching for the idea that the eyes are there where my mask is (high over the forehead)
- On the face,
- calm-perception of time and space,
- movement dynamics,
- elasticity of movement.
Character mask on the face
- Central and peripheral back movement, manners of walking, setting the head, are inspirations in seaching for character types.
Recommended or required reading
Jacques Lecoq Le Corps poétique ACTES SUD-PAPIERS 1999 un enseignement de la création théatrale
H. v. Kleist Tanečník a loutka Praha 1930 (přeložil E. A. Saudek)
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on: class attendance, interest and personal creativity, test, written review.
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
(Karlova 26, Praha 1)
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
|Wed||10:00–11:30||Jan BÁRTA||Velký sál
Karlova 26, Praha 1
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Authorial Acting (B.A.) (required subject)