Stage Technology 1
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
|203SCT1||Z||2||2 hours (45 min) of instruction per week, 32 to 42 hours of self-study||English||winter|
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
In the Winter semester the following topics are covered:
- The stage from the viewpoint of technological equipment.
- The organization of the technical elements of a theatre.
- The orgzanizational structure of a theatre workshop.
- the statues and obligations of the set-designer in the implementation proces of a stage work.
- Wood constructions in set-design
- Preparation of production documentation for work constructions
Mode of study
- Students acquire the basic information at lectures.
- An inseparable part of the study is the gradual management of the preparation of technical production documentation.
- A inspection of the stage environment with professional presentation is part of instruction.
- The student has the opportunity to take part in a one-day „workshop“. The event is focused on practice in which the students personally produce theatre scenery.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Basic knowledge of technical drawing. Knowledge in working with AUTOCAD.
- Stage space.
- Organizing the technical components of a theatre.
- Wood technogies and basics of wood construction technology.
Recommended or required reading
No suitable literature is available in Czech which would directly follow the lecture content.
Textbooks and accompanying writings are published abroad.
The following in English may be recommended:
- NORMAN C. BOULANGER - Theatre Backstage from A to Z. Vydavatelství Amazon
- CARTER Paul - Backstage Handbook. Vydavatel: Broadway Press
Also topic may be obtained from these specialized publications:
- Štípek Jan a kol. Základy nauky o stavbách, Vydavatelství ČVUT
- Sýkora, Nesměrák, Dufková, Šafránek- Architektonické kreslení, Vydavatelství ČVUT.
- KŘUPALOVÁ Zdeňka, Nauka o materiálech - učebního oboru truhlář, Vydavatelství Sobotáles
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on:
- Completion of all requirements for completion the technical documentation assigned during the semester.
- Passing of the written test.
- Passing of the oral interview.
No schedule has been prepared for this course
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Stage Design in English (M.A.) (optional subject)