Stage Technology 3
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
|203SCT3||Z||2||2 hours (45 min) of instruction per week, 32 to 42 hours of self-study||English||winter|
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- Acquiring knowledge of steel and aluminum technologies.
- Basic knowledge of steel structure technologies.
- Ability do prepare technical documentation for simple steel structures.
Mode of study
- Students acquire the basic information at lectures.
- An inseparable part of the study is the gradual management of the preparation of technical production documentation.
- A inspection of the stage environment with professional presentation is part of instruction.
- The student has the opportunity to take part in a one-day „workshop“. The event is focused on practice in which the students personally produce theatre scenery.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Thorough knowledge of topics covered in Stage Technology 1 and 2.
- Advanced level of completing technical diagrams.
- Metal technologies (steel and aluminum).
- Basics of metal construction technologies.
- Creating technical documentation for metal structures.
Recommended or required reading
No suitable literature is available in Czech which would directly follow the lecture content.
Textbooks and accompanying writings are published abroad.
The following in English may be recommended:
- NORMAN C. BOULANGER - Theatre Backstage from A to Z. Vydavatelství Amazon
- CARTER Paul - Backstage Handbook. Vydavatel: Broadway Press
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on:
- Completion of all requirements for completion the technical documentation assigned during the semester.
- Passing of the written test.
- Passing of the oral interview.
No schedule has been prepared for this course
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Stage Design in English (M.A.) (optional subject)