Stage Technology 5
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student is introduced to the following topics:
- Painting in set-design.
- Classification of furniture and interiors.
- Lighting units built into set elements.
- Worker safety on the stage.
- The construction and demolition process on stage.
- Basic aspects of the influence of VAT on the set-designer's work.
- During the semester the student is required to complete comprehensive production documentation for a stage work.
Mode of study
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Thorough knowledge of topics discussed in the courses Stage Technology 1-4.
- Painting precesses when creating theatrical decoration.
- Theatrical decorations with respect to the operations aspects of the theatre.
- Work safety.
- Making a theatre decoration budget.
- Maing technical documentation for a whole stage design as assigned.
Recommended or required reading
No suitable literature is available in Czech which would directly follow the lecture content.
Textbooks and accompanying writings are published abroad.
The following in English may be recommended:
- NORMAN C. BOULANGER - Theatre Backstage from A to Z. Vydavatelství Amazon
- CARTER Paul - Backstage Handbook. Vydavatel: Broadway Press
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on:
- Completion of all requirements for completion the technical documentation assigned during the semester.
- Passing of the written test.
- Passing of the oral interview.
No schedule has been prepared for this course