Stage Technology 2
Register Display Schedule
|203SET2||exam||2||2 hours (45 min) of instruction per week, 29 to 39 hours of self-study||English, Czech||summer|
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
In the Summer semester (1st year) the following topics are covered:
- Wood constructions in set-design.
- Preparations of production documentation for wood constructions.
Mode of study
- Students acquire the basic information at lectures.
- An inseparable part of the study is the gradual management of the preparation of technical production documentation.
- A inspection of the stage environment with professional presentation is part of instruction.
- The student has the opportunity to take part in a one-day „workshop“. The event is focused on practice in which the students personally produce theatre scenery.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Knowledge of wood technologies and materials produced using wood.
- Mastery of the technical diagrams peparations process.
- Technologies for wooden stage construction.
- Creating individual diagrams of wooden structures according to given plans.
Recommended or required reading
No suitable literature is available in Czech which would directly follow the lecture content.
Textbooks and accompanying writings are published abroad.
The following in English may be recommended:
- NORMAN C. BOULANGER - Theatre Backstage from A to Z. Vydavatelství Amazon
- CARTER Paul - Backstage Handbook. Vydavatel: Broadway Press
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on:
- Completion of all requirements for completion the technical documentation assigned during the semester.
- Passing of the written test.
- Passing of the oral interview.
Schedule for winter semester 2022/2023:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
Schedule for summer semester 2022/2023:
(Karlova 26, Praha 1)
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
Karlova 26, Praha 1