Name of lecturer(s)
Marek BEČKA, Jiřina VACKOVÁ
Learning outcomes of the course unit
To introduce students with the particualrs of puppet theatre from the simplest forms to the current perception of this type of theatre as one of the tools of a synthetic stage form.
Mode of study
Etudes, exercises in treating stage situations, artistic skills in managing individual types of puppets, discussions and anlayses of work performed.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
A requirement is a relationship of the students to the material and purpose for its animation.
- Intentional, talented, creative action in stage situations.
- Developed acting imagination.
- Puppet animation trade skills.
- Communication skills.
- Acting ethics.
Animation of an object, puppet, or material which may be the basis or part of a work for stage.
- material - perception of tis characteristics in the creation of an imaginative etude,
- playing with an object - gag - punchline,
- types of puppets from a mannequin through marionette to a puppet,
- individual preparation and exectuion of a simple production.
Recommended or required reading
Jan Císař: Teorie herectví loutkového divadla (SPN 1985)
Jan Švankmajer: Síla imaginace (Dauphin a MF 2001)
Miroslav Česal: Živý herec na loutkovém divadle (uč. text DAMU 1983)
Henryk Jurkowski: Magie loutky (Studio Y 1997)
Karel Makonj: Od loutky k objektu (Pražská scéna 2007)
Assessment methods and criteria
Activity in exercises, presentation and creativity.
This course is a closed study-year group.
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
Učebna R213 (DAMU)
(Karlova 26, Praha 1)
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
|Thu||15:00–16:30||Jiřina VACKOVÁ||Učebna R213 (DAMU)
Karlova 26, Praha 1
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Acting for Alternative and Puppet Theatre (B.A.) (required subject)