Workshop Implementation 1
Name of lecturer(s)
František SKÁLA, Svatopluk SKÁLA
Learning outcomes of the course unit
To familiarise listeners with classical approaches in implementing stage artefacts. Using technology to make it possible for students to use their own skills to that they can produce or direct the workshop implementation themselves.
Mode of study
- Workshop production - significant components of puppet preparation as acting material.
- Puppet production by various techiques from the most simple to more complex and in individual cases, extremely difficult.
- Use of various materials: paper, wood, metal and the like.
- Consultation on the execution of tasks, resolving of current problems.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Craftsmanship skills.
- Ability to objectivise the acquired skills and know how to apply them in other assignments.
- Workshop implementation, an important component in preparing a puppet as dramtic material.
- Producing puppets from various technoloigies, from the simplest up to the complex, and in some cases the extremely demanding. Using various materials: paper, wood, metal etc. (1st - 3rd year of the Bachelor program).
- Consultation over the tasks to be realised, solving current problems.
Workshop implementaton evokes the tradition of puppet theatre, although the craftsmanship experience that the student gains is not a conservative dogma. Instead it is a starting point for creative interest in the production process, enabling students to acquire the bases and inspiration for set design work. Understanding the production possibilities from your own experience in working with your hands is the best way to learn how to formulate the needs of a professional production team.
Recommended or required reading
The subject doesn't use any study material of a theoretical character.
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded for: project preparation, documentation creation, implementation.
Training in labor safety in the implementation workshop.
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
(Karlova 26, Praha 1)
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
Karlova 26, Praha 1
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Stage Design for Alternative and Puppet Theatre (B.A.) (required subject)