Consultation Work for Bachelor Exam 2
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
An essential part of the study of directing and dramaturgy is the ability to reflect on your work. Students of directing and dramaturgy are encouraged to analyse one of their specific creative works (which originated as part of their school training) as a result of the rehearsal process and to describe this process in every context. They should reflect this recognition in their written work.
Mode of study
Consultations, project analyses, written reviews.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Capacity for openness, frankness.
- Capacity for reflection, self-reflection.
- Capacity to express themselves intelligibly in words.
- Capacity for cultivated written expression.
- Explication for the production. Notes from the exams.
- Identifying the individual phases of the exam process.
- The director's function. My lost and found. (For students of direction).
- The dramaturg's function. My lost and found. (For students of dramaturgy).
- Written reflection. Record of the experience, attitude to the examination and the result with regard to all the relations and elements of the whole production.
Students of directing and dramaturgy are encouraged to prepare an explication and also to keep notes when working on a school performance. They learn to appreciate and describe the essential moments of a specific exam process and how they function in it. They should be able to exactly identify the importance of individual production elements in creating the resulting form. It's essential that they appreciate the ability and the means of communicating with their colleagues, particularly in working with actors, cooperating with designers and the dramaturg, or with the director. In their written reflection students should prove their ability to analyse one of their creative acts in all contexts.
Recommended or required reading
The study material is always one specific entire rehearsal process of school training or a production, including the resulting form. This obviously requires that students seek out and read the relevant literature for the project and will be able to use and generalise their existing knowledge and experience on all elements of the performance under reflection.
Assessment methods and criteria
During the semester, class participation and on-going consultations on the bachelor's paper exam.
Conditions for successful completion of the course; class participation, completion and presentation of the bachelor's project.
Schedule for winter semester 2018/2019:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
Schedule for summer semester 2018/2019:
(Karlova 26, Praha 1)
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
Karlova 26, Praha 1
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Acting for Alternative and Puppet Theatre (B.A.) (required subject)
- Directing and Dramaturgy for Alternative and Puppet Theatre (B.A.) (required subject)
- Stage Design for Alternative and Puppet Theatre (B.A.) (required subject)