Literary Preparation 1
Subject is not scheduled Display Schedule
Name of lecturer(s)
Karel František TOMÁNEK
Learning outcomes of the course unit
LIterary Preparations for production is a creative skill, most frequently a dramaturgical skill which is indispensilbly enables the student a view of their own detail review of trials. This is not independent writing but work with a text as a component of a theatre piece for a completely thought out production. Each case must be treated as original.
Mode of study
Assignments are reviewed by the instructor and the students in a group class.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Knowledge of theatre and literary works.
- Analytical, review and self-critique skills.
- Flexibility in adjusting to changes in production.
- Completion of Literary Preparations 1.
- Basic adjustments to a finished text or the assembly of that writer's text or a text collage of various writers.
- Key topics.
Recommended or required reading
J. C. Carriere: Vyprávět příběh
W. Kerr: Jak nepsat hru
L. Suchařípa: Pravidla hry
B. Brecht: Myšlenky
P. Brook: Prázdný prostor, Pevný bod
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit and evaluation will be awarded:
- For participation and flexibility in completing the assigned texts.
- For originality and non-banal treatments.
- For consistency and regard for communication value and potential.
This course is intended only for Alternative and Puppet Theatre Dept. 2nd year Directing-Dramaturgy students.
Instruction schedule see: www DAMU / katedra ALD / Pro studenty / Rozvrhy
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
Učebna R501 (DAMU)
(Karlova 26, Praha 1)
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
|Thu||18:45–20:15||Karel František TOMÁNEK||Učebna R501 (DAMU)
Karlova 26, Praha 1
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Directing and Dramaturgy for Alternative and Puppet Theatre (B.A.) (required subject)