Stage Design 1
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
In the master's study, the selected instructor, primarily, assists the student with their knowledge to investigate their own set-design and graphic viewpoint and at the same time, is a practical advisor in the implementation of the project with which the students has come in the master's study. Acceptance of the project by the commission and selection of instructor are requirements for acceptance.
Mode of study
This study is not limited to only a simple complation of a task but considered an acquisition and expansion of knowledge acquired in the bachelor's study, if not so broad but more detailed and challenging in relation to the selected topic.
The instructor in on-going consultations and support corrects the process from idea treatment, study of related material and technological treatments through to its execution and social function. An emphasis is placed on teamwork (director, actors, choroeographer, performer, musician, etc.). The course is implemented primarily through individual study and personal consultations.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Completed BA program.
- Supplementing the theoretical knowledge to the degree required for Bachelor studies in KALD (for students from other faculties).
- Preparing a project.
- Talent pre-requisites (KALD students according to the Bachelor exam; students from other faculties need to submit work).
- Acceptance by the entrance committee for MA studies.
- The individual assigments and procedures are connected to the specific MA project and the problems associated with it. The teaching plan is prepared individually according to need by the teacher in cooperation with the student.
- The study program chiefly revolves around developing the student's ability to use specific technology for their artistic vision and in an inspiring way to apply the characteristic qualities of various types of material and approach for use in theatre.
- The teacher holds regular consultations and provides practical support to monitor the process from the ideas stage, the study of related materials and technological solution to projects, to their realisation and social function. Emphasis is also placed on team work (director, actors, musician etc.).
- The study culminates with the implementation of the diploma work connected with the realisation of the production or other form of practical presentation.
- Studies often include the offer of a foreign attachment relating to the project.
Recommended or required reading
The teacher defines this according to the selected and accepted project.
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on completion of the long-term assignment and its review.
The study program monitors primarily the development of student skills in linking an artistic vision through technological development and in an inspiring manner in the application of characteristics of the most various of materials and processes for use in theatre.
Often, part of the study is related to a study abroad, offered by the project.
The study climax is the completion of the graduation assignment linked mostly to the execution of a production or other form of presentation.
Instruction schedule see: www DAMU / katedra ALD / Pro studenty / Rozvrhy
No schedule has been prepared for this course
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Stage Design for Alternative and Puppet Theatre (M.A.) (required main subject)