Stage Design Seminar 2
Register Display Schedule
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
To support and deepen students' ability to analyse theatre productions, their form and intentions, ability to describe them emphasising the artistic side, to reflect on influences both in the spoken word, written and creative, to synthesise them and put them in the context of contemporary theatre.
Mode of study
Analysis and review of selected, particularly theatre, projects.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Regular attendance, active participation in discussions, visits to productions, reflections on one of the themes in written, conceptual or artistic form.
Always a variety of thematic fields, which include several forms and possibilities of theatrical expression organised by each semester and frequently selected with a view to current major theatre events. Each theme contains a selection of possible theatre performances which are then gone over in seminar discussions.
Recommended or required reading
- Available materials on contemporary and recent Czech theatre production, i.e. collections such as Contemporary Czech Set design, Next Wave etc.
- Also articles in professional periodicals - e.g. Divadelní noviny, A2, SAD Loutkář etc.
- Study texts will be supplementes during the year according to the assigned thematic fields.
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on attendance, participation in class and selected events, and for completion of the semester paper.
Elective course for 3rd year Bachelor's Alternative and Puppet Theatre (ALD), Directing-Dramaturgy students, 1st year ALD Master's, Dramaturgy and 1st year ALD, Master's directing students.
Instruction schedule see: www DAMU / katedra ALD / Pro studenty / Rozvrhy
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
Učebna R501 (DAMU)
(Karlova 26, Praha 1)
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
|Thu||16:30–18:00||Robert SMOLÍK||Učebna R501 (DAMU)
Karlova 26, Praha 1
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Operatic Directing (Bc) (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Dramaturgy for Alternative and Puppet Theatre (M.A.) (optional subject)
- Directing and Dramaturgy for Alternative and Puppet Theatre (B.A.) (optional subject)
- Directing for Alternative and Puppet Theatre (M.A.) (optional subject)
- Directing for Devised and Object Theatre in English (M.A.) (optional subject)
- Stage Design for Alternative and Puppet Theatre (B.A.) (required subject)