Financial management I. 1
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
A vital part of the decision process is a financial analysis of internal and external business function conditions, conditions prognosis and assessment of uncertainty and risk linked to future business activity. Planning is a process which is directly linked to financial analysis. Completing a business plan without prior business and environment analysis, including a financial analysis is practically unfeasible. In theatre where a pivotal parts are the dramaturgy plan and, in principle, the lack of finance, that financial analysis necessity is doubled.
- Students are acquainted with the principles of financial management and the importance of propert and capital structure of theatre/projets for financial decisions. Great emphasis is placed on understanding the relationship between operative and strategic planning of an organization or project.
- The course broadens the knowledge of students in the area of tax burden of the non-profit area.
- The course aim is to create a basic idea of the content of financial management, financial management methods used for fulfilling the basic aims of theatre/cultural institutes/projects.
Mode of study
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Content and extent of the concept. Contemporary concept and tendencies in financial management. Concept of financial manager. Manager's concept of theatre/project.
- Managerial finance, risk and time: Importance of the time factor financial management and manners which respect it in the financial management of a business. Risk and portfolio.
- Relationship of theatre finance and strategy, proposing new financial strategies.
- Sources of information for completing financial analyses - Balance and Profit and Loss statement.
- Strategic planning elements - market planning, investment planning, setting expenses in relation to the market, individual establishment of cost elements, depreciation.
- Theatre performance analysis: Theatre performance criteria.
- Managerial finance and financial planning: Theatre strategy, types of financial strategies, the essence of financial planning, financial plan rating, complete financial plan content, financial plan models.
- Strategic long-term investment decisions: Basic classification of investment projects, investment process phases, selecting a method for assessing investment, estimating cash flow.
- Theatre financing resources: External finance resources; Internal financing resources (unshared profit, depreciation, reserves and other). Cash cycle.
Recommended or required reading
KISLINGEROVÁ, E. Manažerské finance, Praha: C.H.Beck, 2007; (lze i z r. 2004).
PAVELKOVÁ, D. - KNÁPKOVÁ, A. - NOVÁK, T. Řízení podnikových financí. Sbírka příkladů a případových studií. Zlín: UTB, 2002.
MAREK, P. A KOL. Studijní průvodce financemi podniku. Praha: Ekopress, 2009; (lze i z r. 2006).
VALACH, J. A KOL. Finanční řízení podniku. Praha: Ekopress, 1991. Cizojazyčná (zahraniční) literatura.
MAŘÍKOVÁ, P. - MAŘÍK, M. Moderní metody hodnocení výkonnosti a oceňování podniků. Praha: Ekopress, 2005.
BREALEY, R. A. - MYERS, S.C. Principles of Corporate Finance. McGraw-Hill, 2006.
BREALEY, R. A. - MYERS, S.C. Teorie a praxe firemních financí. Praha: Computer Press, 2000.
Assessment methods and criteria
Schedule for winter semester 2018/2019:
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
|Thu||15:15–16:45||Jana DVOŘÁKOVÁ||lecture parallel1|
Schedule for summer semester 2018/2019:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Arts Management in English (M.A.) (required subject)