Fundraising III. 1
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
To introduce students to the process of professional planning of the long-term development of resources and provide them space and professional feedback for creating a fundraising plan for 3 years.
Mode of study
This course is divided into 4 one-day workshops. The instruction method has been selected so the participants have sufficient space for creating and acquiring feedback for their plans. Between the individual workshops, students intensively work on making individual steps of the emerging plan. If necessary, consultations with the instructor are available. Information given in the course are intended only for the members of the group and a committment to discretion is requestied of everyone who wishes to take the course.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
This course originates in the principle that fundraising is not a science and knowledge is not the most important thing. The most important thing is to be proactive and put fundraising into practice. This course is intended for all those who are not sure about taking this step or do not have enough information and impetus. The course offers the opportunity to prepare a real professional fundraising plan tailored to the selected organization. Students complete the planning process, step by step from review of the mission and aim of the organization through determining the organization's capacities, assembling the budget and fundraising goals, classifying potential focus groups of donators to establishing the strategy and methods and investment and implementation.
- Introduction to the content and form of the course.
- Review of the mission and aim of an organization considering preparations and implementation of a fundraising plan.
- Analysis of the preparedness and potential of an organization for the professional development of resources.
- Resource analysis of an organization of the last 3 years with an accounting of „in kind“ provided services and materials.
- Analysis of current organization resources.
- Establishment of development priorities.
- Establishment of long-term fundraising aims.
- Classification of trends in development of current and potential donators and their contributions for the next three years.
- Selection of strategy for achieving established goals.
- Selection of appropriate methods for implementing established strategies.
- Assignments for inter-class period.
- Detailed analysis of fundraising methods and their assessment.
- Creation of an action plan for the development of resources for the next 3 years.
- Developing a budget for the implementation plan.
- Assignments for the inter-class period.
- Presentation of a fundraising plan before colleagues and instructors.
- Critical review, discussion, comments, suggestions.
- Final assessment.
Recommended or required reading
Special interactive instruction texts have been prepared with enable the students to develop fundraising plans step by step.
LEDVINOVÁ, Jana. Plánování fundraisingové kampaně - osnova fundraisingovéo plánu. Praha: České centrum fundraisingu, 2009
Assessment methods and criteria
Minimum of 70% participation in the courses.
Course may be repeated
No schedule has been prepared for this course
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Arts Management in English (M.A.) (required subject)