Media and Arts 1
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- Expand knowledge of the students in the effect of the media and arts interaction segment.
- Expand knowledge in the structure of Czech media with cultural focus including proper assessment to public impact (readership, printed and sold amounts, listeners, following, turnout).
- Increase abilty of the students to successfully communicate with the media.
- Acquaint students with the potential and limits in using non-traditional forms of communication (ex: guerilla or viral communications).
- Expand ability of students to actively use, so called, new media and social sites in marketing practice.
Mode of study
Creativity, interactive course; moderated discussions and discussions with guests (independent preparations in case studies), group assessment of independent work, media communications critique of selected cultural institutions and projects.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Knowledge at the level at the Bachelor's level of courses „Introduction to Media Issues and Media Practice“, including recommended readings for those courses.
- The arts in the media.
- The media in the arts.
- Guerilla and viral communications.
- New Media and social sites.
- The particulars of the television and radio markets.
- Czech cultural publications.
- Media glossary, publications on the internet.
- The media market in the Czech Republic.
Recommended or required reading
Thomas Patalas: Guerillový marketing, Grada Publishing, Praha 2009
Jan Jirák, Barbara Köpplová: Masová média, Portál, Praha 2009
Vojtěch Bednář: Krizová komunikace s médii, Grada Publishing, Praha 2012
Lukáš Urban, Josef Dubský, Karol Murdza: Masová komunikace a veřejné mínění, Grada Publishing, Praha 2011
David Giles: Psychologie médií, Grada Publishing, Praha 2012
Irena Reifová: Slovník mediální komunikace, Portál, Praha
Jan Jirák, Vlastimil Ježek: Média a my, AMU, Praha, 2014
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on:
defense of the class paper (development, presentation in the course).
Schedule for winter semester 2018/2019:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
Schedule for summer semester 2018/2019:
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Arts Management in English (M.A.) (required subject)