Contemporary TV formats
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students receive an overview of contemporary serial narration forms on so called quality TV; Dramaturgy principles in various series formats; influence of producer's and broadcaster's conditions in AV piece assignments.
Mode of study
Classes which combine lecture, sample screenings, assigned readings, completion and review of assignments and discusion participation
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- series format (episode structure, serial, series, anthology, hybrid forms)
- prinicples adaptation on contemporary TV (prequesl, remixes, reboot, licenced formats)
- figure development dramaturgy vs high concept premises, ensemble projects, procedural drama, etc.
- working with genres and „world“ structure
- micro- and macro- dramaturgic structures (episode, sequence, series)
- current Czech production with guests.
Recommended or required reading
Assessment methods and criteria
Class participation, completion of assignments.
No schedule has been prepared for this course
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Scriptwriting and Dramaturgy - Bachelor-1920-1year (required subject)
- Scriptwriting and Dramaturgy - Bachelor-1920-2year (required subject)
- Scriptwriting and Dramaturgy - Bachelor-1920-3year (required subject)