Photography Assignments 1
Register Not scheduled
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students expand their practical experience in executing a exhibition collection in the selected genre of documentary photography (portrait, self-portrait, report, journal)
Students learn to react to situations, predict and wait for the right moment; focus on the image
Students improve command of photography technology and achieve an advanced level
Mode of study
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Documentary Dept. study practice exercise - it execution is consulted upon in the classes of „Documentary Photography 2“ and the technical parameters are determined by the production list in the White Book of FAMU Studio - see https://www.famu.cz/cs/studio-famu/dokumenty-vyrobni-listy/
The exercise aim is to in practice improve the fundamentals of analog and digital photography technology, find and better recognize one's approach to processing the image, original photographic style and type of own image feeling.
Topic scope - special assignment of practice exercise (total of 6 printed photographs 13x18cm): independent photographic practice on an assigned topic and genre - students select or receive an assigned topic and create a collection of at least 6 mutually linked photos which are developed in the agreed manner into an exhibition form.
- work with the exercise with a real interest but do not overcomplicate
- create the the assignment in an environment where you usually move. Just try to photograph it.
- bring the photos you like but may not make the short list.
Recommended or required reading
Assessment methods and criteria
- participation in work on the assigned practice exercise (30%)
- quality of the completed submitted photo collection (70%)
No schedule has been prepared for this course
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Documentary Film - Bachelor - 1920 - 1year (required subject)
- Documentary Film - Bachelor - 1920 - 2year (required subject)
- Documentary Film - Bachelor - 1920 - 3year (required subject)
- Audiovisual Studies - Bachelor - 1920 - 1y (required subject)
- Audiovisual Studies - Bachelor - 1920 - 2y (required subject)
- Audiovisual Studies - Bachelor - 1920 - 3y (required subject)