TV Image Recording Methods and Practice 1
Register Display Schedule
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The lecture aim is a theory preparation for an mastery of a drama piece using television technology in the entire potential the technology offers.
Mode of study
Presentation of instructor's experience from practice completed by the Seznamovacim TV exercise in the FAMU Studio
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Lectures regarding drama TV supplement the TV Creations course with topics theory. This describes the concept of drama TV creations and divides it into individual types according to specifications, footage, subject or recording manner. This explains the importance of the preparations period, covers individual stages of that period; from script inspiration, directing image design and collaboration with the cameraman in creating the technical script. Similarly, this course covers the implementation period. Attention is devoted to the great potential of the post-production phase.
Part of the lectures are two excursions to Czech Television, where the students, among other, are introduced to television broadcast, TV studio operations and primarily modern HD studios KH1 and KH2 including image and sound direction. Students will have a look at studio cameras and movement technology and the largest HD portable vehicle with expert explanation. Students take part in shooting a TV program. They will have the opportunity to experience „counting“ material in Baselight and the older Da Vinci, etc.
Lecture series proposal:
- Introduction to instruction content of individual classes and their issues.
- History of TV technology and TV recording around the world
- History of TV technology and TV recording in the Czech Republic (with consideration of Czech Television), screening of documentary film about the beginnings of television.
- Visualization of a drama literature basis to a technical script, necessary close collaboration between the director and cameraman.
- Fundamental importance of the architect in the image effect of a piece, selection of environments, set floorplan, color, arrangement of furniture, recording possibilities, working with the floorplan in creating the technical script.
Recommended or required reading
J. Šafránek: Televise – 1947 /book or scan/
M. Zelina:Teorie střihové skladby a její postavení v audiovizuální tvorbě 2010/Grad. paper/
P. Vejslík: Postprodukční digitální trikové a korekční zpracování obrazu /Grad. paper/
M. Diviš: HDTV a další systémy elektronického záznamu obrazu /Grad. paper/
J. Pešek: Základní principy televize a magnetického záznamu.1989 /textbook/
J. Hojtaš: Současná snímací televizní technika a její využití v tvůrčí praxi. /Grad. paper/
S. Milaszewski: Digitalizace filmového obrazu pro účely postprodukce. /Grad. paper/
Assessment methods and criteria
Lecture attendance and discussion participation: 70%
Submission of on-going assignments: 20%
Submission of final course paper: 10%
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
Room No. 230
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
|Tue||09:50–11:25||Martin ČECH||Room No. 230
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared