Film Sound Technology and Methods 5
Subject is not scheduled Display Schedule
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course aim is to review and classify experience acquired in the previous semester of study. Based on the acquired knowledge and comparison of the work structure, the student achieves and awareness of the the function and real potential of sound execution in shooting and post-production.
Mode of study
Course on the basic structure of events related to the preparation and recording of sound in filming. Other parts of the course are correction and the presentation of instructor experience, discussions, situation analysis considering intentions and results (shooting material; screening of the completed film).
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Completion of the group AV exercises of the 1st and 2nd bachelor's study years.
- Advanced analytical and review skills for the results of one's collaboration in performance of other student submitted in the course.
Contemporary AV sound design in preparatory and recording phases
- Literary preparations - screenplay, production (open/closed systems)
- Literary preparations - consultations about screenplay potential, creation of the sound concept
- Technical preparations - location, camera, shooting (camera % lighting technology)
- Technical preparations - Construction & narrative, costumes, props
- Technical preparations - special effects
- Technical preparations - technical screenplay, sound equipment preparation
- Shooting - sound recording, microphone equipment
- Shooting - wireless receiving
- Shooting - sound recording, working mix
- Shooting - synchronization & time codes
- Shooting - video recording and listening auxiliary devices
Recommended or required reading
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on: participation in class, demonstrated ability to present one's opinions, completion and presentation of class assignements.
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
Room No. 6
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared