Narrating Emotions Visually
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
|311MNEV||credit||1||10 hours (45 min) of instruction per semester, 18 to 23 hours of self-study||English||summer|
Name of lecturer(s)
Two day module in which students will work in small groups to develop a scene given specific technical and narrative parameters which they will have to film over the week. The results of which will be show and analyzed on the last day of the module.
The goal of the module is to develop the expression of an emotional journey of a character through cinematic means. The students will need to identify the emotional beats that drive a narrative moment and bring it all together in a coherent language, paying special attention to changes and developments from start to end.
The final result will be a one shot scene that follows an emotional arc of a character with a coherent narrative flow.
The students will have a working knowledge of expressing an emotional arc using thoughtful visual storytelling.
Prerequisites and other requirements
Attendance is mandatory.
Evaluation methods and criteria
Finishing assigned homework.
No schedule has been prepared for this course
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Cinematography_1920 (optional subject)
- Cinematography_3_2021 (optional subject)
- Montage_2020 (optional subject)
- Photography EN - Bachelor-1920 (optional subject)
- Photography EN - Bachelor - 2022 (optional subject)
- Photography EN - Master-1920 (optional subject)
- Photography EN - Master - 2022 (optional subject)
- Cinema and Digital Media - Directing_1920 (optional subject)
- Cinema and Digital Media - Directing (optional subject)