Practical Analysis 1
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students broaden their analytical skills in considering film works. The students will perfect their analytical competences concerning feature film. They will gain a deeper insight into different aspects of film narration, understand the link between the sense of a film work and film language, which articulates the film’s subject.
Mode of study
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Screening of films that reflect specific types of film language. A hosted discussion dealing with concrete ways of the use of film language in different scenes that will gradually point to more general principles of filmmaking.
Recommended or required reading
J. L. Styan: Modern Drama in Theory and Practice
S. D. Katz: Shot By Shot 1-3.
Assessment methods and criteria
- Written test
- Active participation in guided and non-guided discussions.
Schedule for winter semester 2020/2021:
Room No. 3
once in 2 weeks, starts Oct. 5, on-campus
Schedule for summer semester 2020/2021:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Photography EN - Bachelor-1920 (optional subject)
- Photography EN - Master-1920 (optional subject)
- Cinema and Digital Media - Directing_1920 (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)
- Cinema and Digital Media - Directing 2020 (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)