Stay and education in nature
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students are introduced to safety rules and health maintenance of a stay and movement in the wild with potential knowledge for use. To learn the cultural, historical and ecological factors of the given area. Through personal exercises physical fitness is improved as well as resistance i staying in the wilderness.
Mode of study
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Basic body fitness
Students are introduced to the rules of safety and health maintenance when staying in and moving in the wilderness with potential equipment and its use. To learn the cultural, historical and ecological factors of a given area. Through personal training, improving body fitness and resistance when staying in the wilderness.
- training activity application theory in the wilderness, free-time and recreation
- legal regulations limiting the conditions for staying in the wilderness and regional specifications of regulations; preserving nature in the area and movement of visitors and athletes
- health and safety when staying in the wilderness, first-aid basics
- equipment for summer (informative and other) activities and sports in the wilderness
- cultural knowledge activities, documentation, chronicles, diary, reports
- wilderness survival basics
- resisting artificial barriers, basics of climbing and rappelling and hiking on secured high-mountain trails (Via Ferrata)
- resisting natural and artificial barriers, basics of working with lines
- working with a map and other specific tools for orientation in the wilderness
- camping in the open
- preparations and execution of expeditions for small groups (hiking, train, bus), respecting basic expedition training.
Recommended or required reading
Literatura bude doplněna.
Assessment methods and criteria
Confirmed work with modern tools, working with maps, etc. Ability to survive in the wilderness. Camping.
This course is an elective for all AMU students
Schedule for winter semester 2018/2019:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
Schedule for summer semester 2018/2019:
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
|03.05.2019||09:00–23:59||Roman ČEDÍK||po dohodě s vyučujícím
|04.05.2019||00:00–14:59||Roman ČEDÍK||po dohodě s vyučujícím
|05.05.2019||00:00–18:00||Roman ČEDÍK||po dohodě s vyučujícím