French for Doctoral Candidates - Primary Foreign Language
Klára BICANOVÁ, Janka PAULISOVÁ
Name of lecturer(s)
Klára BICANOVÁ, Štěpánka PÁROVÁ, Janka PAULISOVÁ, Martina ŠTĚRBOVÁ TUČKOVÁ
Learning outcomes of the course unit
A required course for doctoral students concluded with an exam.
Mode of study
Doctoral students are not required to attend courses but may sign up for advance courses intended for bachelor or master's levels. The doctoral candidate prepares for their exam independently but may arrange consultations during preparations.
The exams take place on dates announced by the AMU Language Centre at least 4 times per year and the dates are published on the Language Centre's webpage.
Students are required to sign up for the announced exams at least one (1) month prior to the exam via the Centre's email address (email@example.com).
Three weeks prior to the exam the student must deliver, in written form, the materials for the exam. (see below)
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Prior to the exam the student must submit the following texts:
- a professional CV (1 - 3 pages)
- a summary of the PhD dissertation (1 - 2 pages)
- a professional, original text in the given language related to the student's filed of studies (50 pages for DAMU and FAMU students, 20 pages for HAMU students)
Recommended or required reading
Assessment methods and criteria
The exam is oral before a two-member commission of CJP AMU instructors. The exam content is:
- the presentation of the candidate based on the professional CV.
- acquaintance with the doctoral work and subsequent discussion over the work
- discussions about a professional writing and translation of selected sections
A detailed exam time schedule will be created according to the number of registered students and will be sent to those students prior to the exam.
No schedule has been prepared for this course