Speech as Active Communication 3
Name of lecturer(s)
Howard Scott LOTKER, Michaela RAISOVÁ, Pavel ZAJÍČEK
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- To learn one's speaking and manage it.
- To learn spoken Czech and manage it.
- Learn to hear and listen.
- Learn to speak with sense and logic.
- Learn to speak with emotion and distinctively.
- Learn to speak to someone (and to oneself).
All based on appropriately selected texts primarily of Czech provenience.
All in connnection with Recitation and its Teaching 1 according to talent.
Mode of study
- Regular classes with the majority of instruction hours in individual instruction (one to one).
- Analysis of practices and summary exam.
- Discussion on the recommended literature.
- All this in regards to Speech Propedeutics 2 according to individual disposition.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Skills in functional listening to speech and creation of speech.
- Interest in the object.
- Basic talent and education.
- Linked to Speech Propedeutics 2.
Systematic work from class to class and intensive preparations at home of a selected text or texts. Linked to Speech Propedeutics 1 dependent on talent.
Recommended or required reading
Berry, Cicely: Voice and the Actor. New York: Wiley Publishing, 1973.
Donnellan, Declan: The Actor and the Target. London: Nick Hern Books 2005.
Gutekunst, Christina and Gillet, John: Voice into Acting. London: Bloomsbury 2014.
Houseman, Barbara: Finding your Voice, London: Nick Hern Books 2002.
Ong, Walter J.: Orality and Literacy and technologizing of the word. London, New York: Routledge 2012.
Rodenburg, Patsy: The Actor Speaks. London: Methuen Drama 1997.
Rodenburg, Patsy: The Need for Words: Voice and the Text. London: Methuen Drama 2005.
Vyskočil, Ivan and company: (Inter)acting with the inner partner. (Edited by Michal Čunderle and Alex Komlosi), Czech translated by Alexander Komlosi. Praha: Brkola 2011.
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on: class participation, attendance (75%), paper and disucssions over the recommended readings.
Schedule for winter semester 2021/2022:
(Tržiště 20, Praha 1 (vchod z Rektorátu AMU, Malostranské nám. 12))
(Karlova 26, Praha 1)
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
|Mon||10:30–11:30||Howard Scott LOTKER||Učebna
Tržiště 20, Praha 1 (vchod z Rektorátu AMU, Malostranské nám. 12)
Karlova 26, Praha 1
Schedule for summer semester 2021/2022:
The schedule has not yet been prepared