|204MDPE3||credit||2||2 hours (45 min) of instruction per week, 32 to 42 hours of self-study||English||winter|
Name of lecturer(s)
Tinka Encheva AVRAMOVA
This course will lead the students towards understanding modes of presence that respond to posdramatric theater, what they are based in and how they sustain a dramaturgy through action and composition. Furthermore, they will be encouraged to identify the performative modes that appeal more to their own creative needs and to explore and develop diverse possibilities of body language. Performing with objects classes will study relationships among performers (human and non human) and will reflect on ethical observations that include the figure of the audience as a performer or participant in open performances.
- will cultivate the ability to respond to the dramaturgical needs of different contexts and concepts;
- will be familiar with different performance strategies to define the role of the performer and the audience within the system of the performance;
- will be able to perform systems using objects, space, materials as an extension of presence or as the performative presence themselves without performers interaction;
- will acquire the skills to perform open systems that include the participation of audiences.
Prerequisites and other requirements
-Thinking no one's thought by Maaike Bleeker
-Recipes for being with things by Sodja Lotker
-Art, Anthropology and the Gift by Robert Sansi
Evaluation methods and criteria
Work during the semester, active participation in the course. The minimum attendance at the course is 75%.
Schedule for winter semester 2023/2024:
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
|Tue||15:00–16:30||Tinka Encheva AVRAMOVA||parallel1|
Schedule for summer semester 2023/2024:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Directing of Devised and Object Theatre (required subject)