Introduction to Drama in Education 1
Subject is not scheduled Display Schedule
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The aim of this study is to establish in the students a conceptual consideration of drama training, to activate the students in discussions in the resolution of established issues, to guide them to an understanding of the relationships of drama training to theory and practices (pedagogy, psychology, acting and others), and to an appreciation of the structure of drama training and its various organizational forms.
Mode of study
Discussion, readings, work samples analyses.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Regular attendance and active participation in discussions are assumed and, as well, iin the resolution of various issues, the ability to indpenedently formulate ideas and contribute from one's own experience in relating it to the profession.
I. Drama training teacher
- A survey regarding „What makes me capable in the Drama training profession?“, on whose basis discussions over individual Drama training teaching components. Abilities, general and special skills and understanding, personal characteristics (communicativeness, empathy, tolerance), relations to children and adolescents, relationship to the theatre and drama training, musicality.
II. Fundamental concepts of drama training.
- Experience, play, creativity, partnership, playing, improvisation, pantomime, games and exercises, dramatic structuring, children's theatre, process and product.
III. Structure of drama training.
- The theory and practical disciplines from which drama training originates; the aim of the teacher, theatre instruments. Modern teaching and Education, psychology, its individual parts and sub-parts. Acting and its methods as a source of acting training. Transformation of knowledge from other professions for use in drama training.
IV. The inter-professional character of drama training
- Diffusion of knowledge from other disciplines in Drama training, literature, art and social sciences as sources of theme for drama training. Professions immediately adjacent to drama training or using similar or congruous methods (psychodrama, drama therapy, experiential teaching and the like), specifics of drama training.
V. Organizational forms of drama training
- Interest based drama training, drama circles, ensembles, Art elementary schools, Drama training schools, Drama training as an independent subject (required, elective, non-obligatory), drama metods in instruction of other subjects (particularly history, civil and family education, literature).
Recommended or required reading
KOŤÁTKOVÁ, Soňa; PROVAZNÍK, Jaroslav; BLÁHOVÁ, Krista; SVOBODOVÁ, Radka; TOMKOVÁ; Anna. Vybrané kapitoly z dramatické výchovy. Praha: Karolinum, 1998. 224 s. ISBN 80-7184-756-9.
MACHKOVÁ, Eva. Metodika dramatické výchovy: zásobník dramatických her a improvizací. 11., upravené vyd. Praha: Sdružení pro tvořivou dramatiku, 2007 . 156 s. ISBN 978-80-901660-9-0.
---. Úvod do studia dramatické výchovy. 2., upravené vyd. Praha: NIPOS, 2007. 198 s. ISBN 978-80-7068-207-4.
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded for participation in discussions and in resolving various issues, ability to independently formulate ideas and contribute based on one's experience and to present them in relation to the trade.
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Drama in Education - full-time 3 years (B. A.) (required subject)