Register Display Schedule
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- To develop and supplement fundamental knowledge of fundraising principles and methods acquired in the previous instruciton.
- To introduce the legal aspects of source development.
- To introduce fundraising campaign planning principles and long-term fundraising plans.
Mode of study
In individual lessons principles of long-term work with a donator and development of donation potential is emphasized. Students have the opportunity in the course to work on their own project and plan the development of resources for defined goals. During the implementation of their projects, students apply knowledge and skill acquired in both courses (Fundraising 1 and Fundraising 2). The course takes place in part through E-learning, particularly the individual consultations over student projects.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
206FUA1 Fundraising I. 1
The course is divided into 8 topics:
- Developing a grant request for a project
- The grant process.
- Investigating and cultivating relationships with grant providers.
- Types of grant requests.
- The written development of a project step by step
- Project summary.
- Information pages abut the organization.
- Project mission and target group analysis.
- Project aims and methods to achieve them.
- Overview of tasks and scheduling.
- Human resources.
- Methods of receiving feedback and project assessment.
- Necessary documentation.
- Corporate donations
- Advantages and disadvantages of support from the corporate sector.
- Strategies for acquiring corporate donations.
- Criteria for selecting supported organizations or projects.
- Trends in the development of corporate sector social responsibility.
- Types of corporate support
- „Shared marketing“.
- Employee contributions.
- „Loan“ of management or employees.
- Donated services or merchandise.
- Contributions to advertisement or promotional materials.
- Work in a steering committe or other important organ.
- Compiling letters and presentation materials.
- Conversations with donors.
- Individual donations
- What do we know about individual donations?
- Effectivity of individual methods of fundraising.
- Criteria for assessing individual campaigns.
- Pyramid fundraising.
- Individual donation methods
- Media campaigns.
- Benefit events.
- Mail campaigns.
- Telephone campaigns.
- Personal meetings with individual donors.
- Establishing long-term collaboration with a donor.
- Building a club of supporters.
- Legal aspects of fundraising
- Forms of legal offers of donations and sponsorships.
- Donations agreements.
- Sponsorship agreements.
- Grant agreements.
- Long-term collaboration contracts with donors.
- Fundraising planning
- Analysis of the campaign for acquiring financing.
- Support categories.
- Types of fundraising plans.
- Resource planning.
- Plan for yearly income from fundraising.
Recommended or required reading
Over 100 pages of study material is provided by the lector in the beginning of the course. Sections of the program refer to electronic sources of further information particularly in English but also in Czech.
- JUDr. Karel Pešta, Některé právní otázky získávaní a poskytování finančních prostředků a jiných výhod neziskovými organizacemi, České centrum fundraisingu, Praha, duben 2005
- Jana Ledvinová, Peníze do kapsy - Příručka pro získávání finančních prostředků pro NGO z místních zdrojů, Johns Hopkins Institute for Policy Studies, Balitomore MD, USA, 1995
Fundraising library at: www.fundraising.cz
Assessment methods and criteria
The receipt of credits is conditioned by:
- paricipation in the seminars (minimum of 75%),
- fulfilling various tasks mostly in small groups during lectures.
Schedule for winter semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
Schedule for summer semester 2019/2020:
The schedule has not yet been prepared