Advertisement and Communication 1
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- Introduce students to the basics of communication theory.
- Introduce students to the basics of the function of advertisements and its tools.
- To try how various communication tools can function in real situations.
Mode of study
Instruction, Discussion, Analysis of recorded examples. Discussions with people in marketing, advertisement and media.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- What is communication?
- What is advertisement? How does it work?
- History of advertisement.
- Communication devices.
Recommended or required reading
Kotler, P.: MARKETING MANAGEMENT
Praha: Grada Publishing, 2001
D. Ogilvy: O reklamě
Praha: MP, 2007
Křížek, Z.; Crha, I.: JAK PSÁT REKLAMNÍ TEXT
Praha: Grada 2008
Assessment methods and criteria
Credit is awarded based on:
completion of the presentation.
In the case of absence from three or more lectures the condition for receipt of credit is a course paper of 15-20 pages on a prior agreed topic. If there is more than 50% absence from the total number of lectures, credit will not be awarded.
Schedule for winter semester 2018/2019:
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
|Wed||14:45–16:15||Michal DEUS||lecture parallel1|
Schedule for summer semester 2018/2019:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Arts Management (B.A.) (required subject)